Parcel theft is on the rise as more than a billion packages are lost or stolen globally in just 12 months, discovered in our specially commissioned report.
The Penn Elcom Global Parcel Theft Report 2022 has ignited debate across not only the postal industry but consumers as well, with our report grabbing the attention of The Independent, Yahoo Finance, The RTIH and LinkedIn News UK to name a few, reaching over 229 million people around the world.
As online shopping continues to increase after the pandemic, the opportunity for doorstep theft has unsurprisingly grown. In our global study, we set out a holistic view of porch piracy and mail theft, capturing key findings around the world, with thousands surveyed for this report which was conducted by YouGov.
- More than a billion packages were lost or stolen in just 12 months
- 1 in 10 people affected globally
- Global increase of 2% compared to the previous 12-month period
- UK sees the largest increase of parcels stolen or lost compared to other countries, followed by Australia, Canada, the United States and the UAE
- Of the people surveyed, 33% have had a package stolen or lost in their lifetime
- 1 in 10 people are now reluctant to shop online because of fear of theft
As online sales continue to grow, we believe more advanced approaches must be taken to secure customers’ parcels and mail. Understanding the cost of not taking action, Penn Elcom put extensive research and development into creating a world-leading solution for parcel theft: The Penn Parcel Box.
Created with British design and precision engineering, the Penn Parcel Box is a secure and convenient way to ensure that you have peace of mind. Contactless and with space to hold multiple deliveries, Penn Parcel Box’s unique, secure and weather-proof design will ensure that you get your parcels when you are home or away.